Covid UpdatesSanta Ana, CA
Louis Cohen, DDS COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS ‘OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY’
We recognize priority and times have changed and nothing is more important than the health and safety of our staff and patients. In view of this, we wanted to share the additional steps we are taking to make each and every visit to our office as safe as possible. These items listed below are in addition to our normal high standards of care that meet or exceed all guidelines for dental practices. Our goal is to provide you additional ‘peace-of-mind to the friendliness and clinical excellence’ you have come to expect. We are in this together and we will never underestimate the power of a smile!
- Advanced Staff Training – Our team has completed additional awareness and prevention programs to enhance knowledge and preparedness.
- Pre-Screening of Every Patient – A quick health questionnaire, consent form and a no-touch temperature check are completed for every patient.
- Masks – The beautiful smiles of our clinical team, our friendly administrative team and patients will be protected behind those masks. You will be able to hear their caring and compassion in their eyes and tone of voice.
- Hand Sanitizing – Every patient will be asked to thoroughly disinfect their hands when entering the practice.
- No Patient Gloves Allowed – Minimizing cross-contamination is an important part of our plan. We will ask you to dispose of any outside gloves before you enter.
- Virtual Waiting Room – Now, you can check-in from your car to minimize contact with others and bypass the reception area and move directly to your treatment room. You will call our office from your car to let us know you have arrived and we will direct you from that call.
- No Magazines or Drink Station – This may make our reception area a little less exciting, but it makes us all much safer.
- Social Distancing in Place – Fewer chairs in our reception area and helpful signs make 6’ spacing a reality.
- Air Purifier with HEPA Filter and UV-C – We have one installed in every room to help kill airborne germs.
- Anti-Microbial Rinse – We will provide a solution to rinse in your mouth for 60 seconds and reduce bacteria before any procedure.
- Sequenced Patient Scheduling – We are allocating more time between visits for coming, going and cleaning.
- Expanding Patient Appointments – To save you time and exposure, we are offering extended appointments that allow us to do more dentistry in a single visit.
- Disposable, Protective Coats and Hats – Our team will utilize another layer of protection to minimize the spread or absorption of airborne particles.
- Cleaning After Every Appointment – We thoroughly wipe, sanitize and disinfect all instruments, equipment and surfaces in each operatory after every patient.
- Instrument Sterilization – This is standard procedure at all times, and anything that goes near your mouth is heat and pressure cleaned between every use.
- Installed Clear Barriers – Hard plastic guards have been strategically placed and are cleaned regularly.
- No Handshakes or Hugs – We truly do love our patients. However, we will save our hearty welcomes and goodbyes of a later date when things are ‘back to normal’.
THANK YOU FOR COMING TO SEE US, Your Dentist and Staff at Louis Cohen, DDS & Team
Phone: 714-782-0213 - 1913 17th Street, Ste 113, Santa Ana, CA
Implant supported dentures are an effective way to replace missing teeth. These prosthetics help prevent jawbone atrophy by combining implants with dentures. The implants are inserted into the patient's jaw and serve as artificial roots. When a person with implant supported dentures bites down on something, bite forces are transferred to their jaw via the…
Preparing yourself to undergo a full mouth reconstruction? Restorative dentistry is a type of dentistry that focuses on making sure patients' mouths are both healthy and functional. When someone experiences good oral health, they are also likely to experience good general health.Choosing to undergo a full mouth reconstruction is a big step. While undergoing this…
Dental fillings are the first line of defense when it comes to stopping tooth decay in its tracks. Tooth decay is caused by the acids created by oral bacteria. These microorganisms feast on food particles that are left on teeth surfaces after meals, converting the sugars in them into acids that eat away at teeth…
Family dentists are great resources to utilize when looking to prevent bad breath. They are skilled dental professionals who have undergone extensive training to diagnose, manage and treat bad breath, which makes them experts at providing prevention tips to individuals suffering from a foul odor in the oral cavity. Want to learn more about bad breath…
Dental veneers have grown in popularity, especially for individuals looking to improve the appearance of their teeth. These thin, plastic coverings go directly over teeth that are in bad shape due to damage or stains. Additionally, dental veneers can be used to cover teeth that are too short or pushed back, thus encouraging a more…